WINE NOT TO BE MISSED!

July 24, 2009

This one is for all the wine lovers out there and this blog post is much shorter than my norm so give it a quick read before your busy weekend gets started...

I was at The Wine Cellar in Red Bank last week and I mentioned to Mark that I have been more into medium-bodied wines during the summer such as Bordeaux and Pinot. Among the case of discounted wine that I bought, Mark suggested that I try the $22- 2003 Clarendelle from Clarence Dillon Wines (a Bordeaux). I don't rate wines like Wine Library, Wine Enthusiast, etc. because I am not an expert, but I LOVED IT! The breakdown is 67% Merlot, 29% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Cabernet Franc, very drinkable, not overly priced, smooth and silky, rich, and medium bodied- not too heavy like the cabernets might be for the summer.

Tasting tips from Clarence Dillon Wines: Clarendelle red 2003 reveals a deep purple colour with a nose of black currants, berries, liquorice with a hint of spice, vanilla, roasted coffee and black chocolate. The well balanced body is followed by a deep mid palate and supple tannins that lead to a textured and fleshy long finish.

For this lowish price point, if you can find it on-line or at a store near you, buy a couple of bottles- I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Cheers!
Foodie

No comments: