Bargain Red Wines


M. Chapoutier Winery


September 17, 2012

I've been known to throw back a glass (bottle) or two of wine on occasion.  I have my everyday favorites which usually are at a lesser price point then bottles for special occasions.  Like alot of people, I've tasted wine from the inexpensive to the VERY expensive.  I am not a connoisseur of wine and I haven't been formally trained or schooled, but I know what I like.  As far as reds go, I generally like a light to middle bodied wine which can be found in almost all regions.  There are of course many, many delicious wines but as a rule of thumb, once you start going over a 14%-ish alcohol level, you'll be falling down after a couple of glasses.  Sadly, I speak from experience...

I gave 2 different bottles a try recently which were smooth and yummy and were from Whole Foods so you should be able to find them fairly easily.  They were great buys for the money!!  I hope you get a chance to give them a try.

Details below:

Mendoza Clasîco

Altos Las Hormigas
Malbec-Clasico Mendoza
Argentina 2011
14.2% alcohol
www.lashormigas.com
$10.99 (at Whole Foods)

Chapoutier Cotes du Rhone Belleruche Rouge 2010
M.Chapoutier's Belleruche
Cotes-Du-Rhone
France 2010
14% alcohol
$13.99 (at Whole Foods)


Cheers!



No comments: